Beach Patrol Headquarters
44th St. & Beach
Lifeguard Duty Hours
Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am-5:30pm
24th, 28th, 32nd, 34th, 38th, 40th, 43rd, 45th, 49th, 51st, 54th, 59th, 61st, 64th, 68th, 71st, 75th, 77th, 81st, 84th, 86th, 89th & 92nd streets
- Ramps from street to the Promenade at 29th, 30th, 32nd, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, (between 38th-39th), JFK Blvd., 40th, 42nd, 43rd, 44th, 55th, 56th & 57th streets
- Access to beach at 32nd, 40th, JFK Blvd., 44th, 63rd & 85th streets
Beach Area Concessions
39th, 64th and 81st streets
Beach Mobi Mat Locations
29th, 32nd (handicap), 35th, 38th, 40th (handicap), JFK Blvd. (south), 44th (handicap), 46th, 49th, 52nd, 55th, 58th, 61st, 63rd (handicap), 66th, 70th, 73rd, 76th, 79th, 82nd, 85th (handicap), 88th & 91st streets
Beach Warning Flags
During the summer each lifeguard stand will fly a beach warning flag. The color of the flag will indicate surf conditions.
Green - Low Hazard - Calm Conditions, Exercise Caution
Yellow - Medium Hazard - Moderate Surf and/or Currents
Red - High Hazard - High Surf and/or Strong Currents
Reservations can be made by calling the Recreation Office at 609-263-1013, Monday through Friday (year-round) between the hours of 9:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Reserved beach wheelchairs may be picked up or returned seven days a week between the hours of 9:15 AM and 11:15 AM or 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM at the public school building located at 4501 Park Road. During the summer season, reservations on weekends can only be made in person during the hours of pick up and drop off.
Although the Beach Patrol no longer distributes reserved beach wheelchairs from patrol headquarters, they do distribute daily non-reserved wheelchairs on a first-come-first-served basis during the summer season. The beach patrol also has a courtesy chair that the public may use to transport physically disabled individuals to and from the 45th Street Beach during the summer season.
If you are reserving a chair, it is recommended you do so as far in advance as possible, since there are a limited number of chairs available.
This public service is free of charge. Donations will go toward repair costs and the purchase of additional chairs.
An attendant, 16 years of age or older, is required to push these chairs through the sand. They are designed so that they can be used in approximately six inches of water. Attendants must stay with the chair whenever it is in the water.
Please note the following:
1. Two forms of valid identification (one if picture ID) must be presented when a chair is picked up.
2. The beach patrol does not transport chairs. They are quite large, not foldable, and require a sizable vehicle to transport. Due to safety concerns and likely damage, it is not permissible to transport a beach wheelchair on the roof of a motor vehicle.
3. Daily non-reserved chairs may be picked up at 10:00 AM at Beach Patrol Headquarters, 44th Street and the Promenade during the summer season.
4. Daily non-reserved chairs must be returned by 4:00 PM to Beach Patrol Headsquarters, 44th Street and the Promenade during the summer season.
5. Beach wheelchairs can only be used on Sea Isle City beaches.
6. The individual signing out the beach wheelchair is responsible for irreparable damage or theft at the replacement cost.
7. Maximum allowable weight for an individual using a chair is 250 pounds.
8. In an effort to provide everybody with the opportunity to use a beach wheelchair, an individual is limited to reserving a chair for a maximum of fourteen consecutive days.
Catamaran and Sailboat Launching Beaches
Between 20th & 22nd streets
Fee: $180, May 1 - October 15
- A life jacket must be worn at all times.
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult in a two-seat kayak.
- Kayaks must stay 50 feet away from swimmers and rock jetties.
- Only one person is permitted per single-seat kayak.
- No more than two people are permitted per double-seat kayak.
- Entering or exiting the water and riding waves can be done only on designated kayaking beaches.
- Jumping off a kayak beyond the breaking waves is prohibited.
- Stay within 1/4 mile of the shoreline.
- Respect and consider the safety of other kayakers when riding waves.
- Beaches north of 14th St. and south of 93rd St.
- Any beach area adjacent to rock jetties not specified as a surfing or kayaking beach.
- Beaches not designated as a sailboat launching, kite boarding, bathing or rafting beach.
- A beach curfew is in effect from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. during the months of May to September.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all public areas.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beaches, beach approaches or Promenade from May 1 to September 30. Dogs must be licensed, leashed (not longer than 6 feet), curbed at all times and feces must be removed.
- Fires, glass bottles and picnics are prohibited on all Sea Isle City beaches.
- From October to March, you may drive a permitted vehicle on the beach. Beach vehicle permits are available from the records department at the Police station.