On Saturday and Sunday, September 24 & 25, lifeguards will be on duty on the 40th, 59th, 75th and 86th Street Beaches.
Also on September 24 & 25, the Sea Isle City Beach Patrol's Daytime Response Team will be stationed at Beach Patrol Headquarters, located on the 44th Street Beach. The Beach Patrol Headquarters phone number is 609-263-3655.
Beach-goers are cautioned to be aware of potentially dangerous surf conditions and waves breaking in shallow water. To avoid head, neck and spinal injuries, do not dive into the ocean. Also, beach-goers should only enter the water on protected beaches while lifeguards are on duty.
24th, 28th, 32nd, 34th, 38th, 40th, 43rd, 45th, 49th, 51st, 54th, 59th, 61st, 64th, 68th, 71st, 75th, 77th, 81st, 84th, 86th, 89th & 92nd streets
- Ramps from street to the Promenade at 29th, 40th, 44th and 57th streets
- Access to beach at 32nd, 40th, JFK Blvd., 44th, 63rd and 85th streets
- A life jacket must be worn at all times.
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult in a two-seat kayak.
- Kayaks must stay 50 feet away from swimmers and rock jetties.
- Only one person is permitted per single-seat kayak.
- No more than two people are permitted per double-seat kayak.
- Entering or exiting the water and riding waves can be done only on designated kayaking beaches.
- Jumping off a kayak beyond the breaking waves is prohibited.
- Stay within 1/4 mile of the shoreline.
- Respect and consider the safety of other kayakers when riding waves.
- Beaches north of 14th St. and south of 93rd St.
- Any beach area adjacent to rock jetties not specified as a surfing or kayaking beach.
- Beaches not designated as a sailboat launching, kite boarding, bathing or rafting beach.
- A beach curfew is in effect from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. during the months of May through September.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all public areas.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beaches, beach approaches or Promenade from May 1 to September 30. Dogs must be licensed, leashed (not longer than 6 feet), curbed at all times and feces must be removed.
- Fires, glass bottles and picnics are prohibited on all Sea Isle City beaches.
- From October through March, you may drive a permitted vehicle on the beach. Beach vehicle permits are available from the records department at the Police station.